General Information for Clients
Communication and understanding between a client and guide is essential for the client's safety and success. Let us know if you have any medical conditions, allergies or dietary preferences. Be open with your guide as to your physical abilities. The client sets the pace, and it is up to the client to make his guide aware of where his or her comfort level is.
Our service provides any travel logistics we can assist with, all government forms, all tags and licenses, guides, food and lodging while in camp, as well as trophy field preparation and care. We also include a fishing license and the opportunity to take a Wolf and Wolverine at no extra cost.
For those clients who would like some extra help while in the mountains, we can provide them with a personal packer. This enables the client to move up and down the mountains without being encumbered by hunting equipment. We charge $250.00 per day for this service. Please let us know in advance of the season if you want a packer so that we can have the help available when you arrive.
In March of your hunt year we mail out a complete hunt package that includes:
- A reminder that passports are now required at the border to enter or leave the country.
- Liability Waiver: As a condition of coverage, our insurance broker requires all our clients to comply with the liability waiver. Should any potential client not wish to execute the waiver, we will be unable to take them hunting.
- A letter of intent stating that you are coming to Canada to hunt with N.W.T. Outfitters Ltd. This is done to deal with any questions at either Canadian or US Customs.
- A copy of the Non-Resident Firearms Declaration Form if required. With this in hand your passage through Canadian Customs is simplified.
- A Non-Resident Hunting Application for your hunting license and tags. We will have all your tags and licenses waiting for your arrival at base camp.
- A suggested equipment list.
- Detailed travel instructions for the flight from Edmonton, Alberta to Norman Wells including a code number for a special tourist rate on Canadian North Airlines.
- The final balance of payment amount.
- Alaska / Yukon Moose Hunts – Mountain Caribou Hunts – Fannin / Dall Sheep Hunts
- Mackenzie Mountains, Northwest Territories, Canada big game hunting guides for trophy hunters
- Rifle hunting – Archery hunting (Bow hunting)